Updated May 2022.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and phone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- date of birth;
- credit card or other payment details (if you are buying product from us)
- Non-identifiable information: Data that have never been labelled with individual identifiers or from which identifiers have been permanently removed, and by means of which no specific individual can be identified. When you visit our website, we automatically record non-identifiable information that your browser sends. This data may include:
- browser type;
- your computer's IP address;
- webpage you were visiting before you came to our website
- the pages within www.winonaaustralia.com you visit
- the time spent on those pages, items, and information searched on our website, access times, dates and other statistics.
Non-identifiable information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our website and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- shipping labels
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address or phone number which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
For more information on SMS marketing TOS, please click here.
How we collect your information:
We may collect your information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, including but not limited when you:
- browse our website;
- save an item;
- register on our website;
- logging into the website once registered;
- making a purchase from us;
- contacting our Customer Care, either about an order or for any other reason;
- entering your name, email and/or phone number on our website popup
- interacting with us on our social media; or
- having a conversation with our team members
- From third parties such as our related entities, business or commercial partners.
How Disclosure of personal information to Third Parties:
We may disclose your personal information to:
- assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers;
- credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement offices as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, and
- conduct market research and marketing strategy analysis;
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permitted by law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers. In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdrawing your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com.
We use “cookies” when you visit our website. It is a technology that enables us to personalise our service to you and track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the website.
By using our website, you agree to us placing cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the website in the future. You can modify the settings on your device to prevent cookie use. Please note by disabling cookies, you user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Age of Consent:
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.